Friday, June 30, 2023

Kickstarter Roundup - Dahlinger, Fritz, and Colin

Today on the blog, I wanted to point out several current Kickstarter projects that I think you all might be interested in. They feature fantastic art by incredible artists, and if you have not already checked them out, you should do so NOW!

First up is Sarah Dahlinger's Astra Fauna: Expeditions. Sarah shares:

Hi friends, let me tell you a tale…

...of aliens and adventures in far off places.

Let me tell you about, Astra Fauna!

Astra Fauna: Expeditions is a story-filled artbook that follows five alien scientists as they explore the wonders of a creature-filled universe.

You'll experience new worlds with unique creatures and peoples, read stories of mystery,  love,  and danger, and experience things both cute and monstrous.

Every chapter showcases the adventure of an alien scientist who's exploring life on a far-off planet.

They will candidly tell the tales of their adventure first hand, bringing you into their worlds and lives.

Bonus Content Added! All copies will come with stat blocks so you can use the Astra Fauna creatures and characters in your own homebrew role playing games!

I am extremely excited about this project. I love world and monster creation, and I can not wait to get this in my hands. It has been a joy to watch Sarah breathe life into the project, and we all need to lend support to make sure this is made a reality. There is so much more to share about Astra Fauna, be sure to follow the link and read all about it.

Next up is Tawny Fritzs La Fleur Mystique - Coloring Book. Tawny shares:

Born in New Orleans, I am heavily influenced by magic and mysticism. I don't know if you know this, but flowers are incredibly important to both the physical realm and the magical. Bees need them for nectar and we need bees for pollination. Flowers are what connects us. Lavender has calming qualities both in science and in spells. Nightshade can be used to banish and to poison. I spent the last few months drawing what I see as the personification of many of my favorite flowers and I would love for you to add life to them with your colors!  

La Fleur Mystique will be a silky soft cover foil stamped coloring book, perfect bound at 8.5"x11", with over 24 pages printed on 80 lb paper. The back of each page will be left blank so you won't have to worry about bleed-through. Each image was hand drawn by me using micron and Faber-Castell pens.

Each image is printed twice, giving you the opportunity to try different materials and different color palettes.

This is another great project from Tawny, and if you know her work, you know how beautiful it is. If you love gorgeous images that you can color, then this is the project for you.

Lastly, there is Brian Colin's RPG Squeeze Plush – Soft & Cuddly Dungeon Crawl Critters. This is through Brian's company Creature Curation and, unlike the other two is happening on Backerkit and not Kickstarter. Brain shares:

Here at Creature Curation we love all monsters, especially cute squishy dungeon crawl critters! And, when we need something to squeeze, we give one of them a squish.

Each RPG Squeeze Plush, is made from high-quality materials that are soft, huggable, and ready to squeeze! Classic dungeon crawl monsters in the form of plushies featuring the Gelatinous Cube, Strixbear, Black Ooze, Hellhound, and Eyegors

Brian is awesome, his monsters are awesome, and I have shared his projects several times before, and they have always had top-notch results. These look so fun, and I can not wait to see them in person. Be sure to head over and help out with this current project.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment