Friday, May 7, 2021

Sibriex Miniature

Today, I have for you an outstanding miniature based on one of my illustrations. I redesigned and painted the Sibriex for Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes in 2018 and have had my fingers crossed that it would get a miniature ever since. There have been plenty of homemade miniatures based on this massive demon over the past three years, but the official mini has finally been released. I will be honest; the wait has been well worth it. To start things off, here is my painting of Sibriex.

Sibriex
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

For some time, I had been under the misconception that WotC would not make a miniature of all of their monsters. For some reason, I assumed the giant or extremely complex beasts would be passed over. Time and again, miniatures based on my oversized and intricate illustrations have been made, so I knew it was only a matter of time before the Sibriex would see the light of day. WotC and Wizkids spared no experience or detail and made an absolutely massive and disturbingly accurate Sibriex. I could not be happier with how it turned out, and I am somewhat shocked with how much it looks like my illustration made flesh. On top of that, they had to create the design in the round, and after looking at what they came up with, I don't think I would have done anything differently. Here is a look at the Sibriex miniature.



The Sibriex miniature in all its glory and its gooey dipping horror.
 
A special thanks need to go out to Kate Irwin for making sure I got a copy of this miniature. I usually acquire my own miniatures, but this one has been hard to find on the secondary market. Not to mention it is a rather expensive mini on the said secondary market. Thanks, Kate!

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment