Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Making Monsters Workshop at Illuxcon 2019!

The circle is now complete. In 2009 I attended my first IX in Altoona, PA, and it blew my mind. I took my first step into a larger world, I meet working artists, saw for the first time traditionally created imaginative realism art, and realized what it would take to succeed in the gaming industry. Since then, I have only missed attended one year. Each year has been a little different and offered up new revelations and insights into being an artist. Now, in 2019, I find myself returning to the Main Show for the second time, and for the first time, I am hosting a workshop on making and drawing monsters!

Some see me in Studio 411 bright and early at 10am till 1pm for a talk and demo of making monsters!

During the three hour block that I have for the workshop, I will be talking about the process I go about designing and creating monsters, the process and techniques or drawing them, and will answering any and all questions about my work, process, and working in the industry. I am hoping it will be a lot of fun, and I hope to share some of the experience I have gained over the last twenty years of making monsters.

Studio 411 is on the fourth floor of the GoogleWorks building.
There will be plenty of signage or look for the troll with the pencils.

You can check out all of the other workshops, panels, and presentations going on in the IX program, which is now available online. There is a lot of great events planned this year, and if you are attending, there should be plenty to fill your days and your mind. But don't forget to visit all the artists in the Main Show and the Showcase.

While this is my first workshop at IX, I would be remiss to mention the fantastic panel I was a part of in 2012 with Jon Schindehette when we talked about getting serious in regards to making art and having a career in the gaming industry. At some point we should host a follow up panel and reflect of what we talked about then and where our careers have progressed.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment