Friday, October 18, 2019

The Grand Bazaar Comes to Illuxcon NEXT WEEK!

Illuxcon 2019 is next week (October 23-27) in Reading, PA. It is one of our favorite events of the year, and as I have mentioned several times here on the blog, this year will be even more special for me. The work that I have been creating for the Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia over the past five years will be on display and available for the first time. I will have a new selection of limited edition prints that are distressed, marked, stamped, and assembled by hand as a collaboration between myself and Achsa Nute. I will be hosting a monster making and drawing workshop. Here are more details on all of these things.

Some see me in Studio 411 bright and early at 10am till 1pm for a talk and demo of making monsters!

On the morning of Thursday, October 24th, from 10-1, I will be hosting a monster making workshop. I will talk about the methods and processes I use to create monsters that I have implemented for over twenty years when working on television, film, and games. I will discuss my approach to monster creation with examples of my work and then will do a live drawing demo as I design and render a monster, time permitting. More information about this can be found HERE.

Each edition is limited to 25 prints that are distressed, marked, stamped, and assembled by hand as a collaboration between myself and Achsa Nute.

I will once again be debuting a new series of limited edition hand altered prints at IX. As with last year, these are a collaboration between myself and Achsa Nute. Unlike last year when I only had one print, we created three for this year. All three appear in the book and relate to the character Shaper and their creations. They will be available individually or as a set at a discounted price. More information about this can be found HERE.

Ethra VanDalia 
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
  Currently Available Grand Bazaar Originals
© 2017 Christopher Burdett

Last but certainly not least, I will exhibiting all but three illustrations that I created for The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia in the Main Show. All of the work that I have created for the book will be on display and available for purchase for the first time. These sales will be going toward the printing costs for the book that will be coming to crowdfunding early next year unless something unexpected happens.

If you cannot attend and had a particular piece from the book you were interested in, I will be opening up all art for sale to anyone interested on the morning of Friday, October 25. Please understand that people attending the event have first dibs and that with my workshop Thursday, it will not be possible to add one more thing to that day. For those interested, the best way to contact me will be through Facebook Messenger or the contact points on my website (please email or text; I will not be able to take calls). I have not shared all of the work that I have created, but you can see much of it here on the blog. Most posts have links to the main piece from the book. Once Illuxcon is over, all work will not be available again until the crowdfunding for the book begins. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them here, and I will answer them ASAP. Here is a sample of some of what will be at Illuxcon next week.

Hollow Alley
16 x 20 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Currently Available Grand Bazaar Originals
© 2018 Christopher Burdett

Keeper of the Clocks
16 x 20 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Original -
SOLD
Currently Available Grand Bazaar Originals
© 2018 Christopher Burdett

The Seated Dead
16 x 20 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Currently Available Grand Bazaar Originals
© 2018 Christopher Burdett

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. I will not be back here till after Illuxcon has concluded, and I have returned home. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment