Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Gulf Coast Fan Fest Recap & Illuxcon 2018 THIS WEEKEND!

This past weekend I had the pleasure to attend the Gulf Coast Fan Fest in Biloxi. This was the first year for this particular event, but it is organized, staffed, and run by all the great people that are responsible for Pensacon. It was a lot of fun and I did a horrible job taking pictures while I was there. It was a crazy weekend and past week for that matter. We had a near miss by hurricane Michael that left all of us in Tallahassee without power - and we were all extremely lucky, those in Mexico Beach, Panama City, and elsewhere in the Florida Panhandle have lost everything. The main road between Tallahassee and Biloxi was also closed for over 24 hours. For a short time I was unsure I would even be making it to the convention. Another artist who was suppose to attend from Tallahassee could not make it due to trees down near his home. In the end I was ale to attend and the trip there was quick and easy once the interstate reopened. I got to see a lot of familiar faces from Pensacon as well as meet a lot of new people. My table was next to Roland Paris who we first met at Pensacon, so it was a fun time just seeing him all weekend. Sunday of the con was my birthday and we all went out Saturday night to celebrate. It was a REALLY fun night! Many thanks to Roland, Michael, and Michael! It will be interesting to see where GCFF grows from here. Here are some images I took while at GCFF... when I actually remembered to take them... 

Everything is loaded in and the walls are up. Now to make it all look pretty...

TA-DA! It is now all pretty. Like magic.

Got a chance to meet Dirk Benedict and have him sign my Face figure.
I like the A-Team way more than I should and it was very cool to finally cross paths with a cast member from the show.

 A little sketch on the back of a Magic artist proof.

 BATMAN NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Had the great honor to be on a panel with the legendary Ken Kelly!
There were more people in attendance... this is how many there were when I thought to take the picture.

OMG! Ken Kelly! And Brian LeBlanc! And some idiot....

 Part of the celebrity row before the con opened on Sunday morning.

 The row I was on before the con opened on Sunday morning.

 The trouble makers corner.

 My view for the weekend. A wall of copyright theft. I am impressed this one guy was able to work out licensing deals with so many companies... oh wait... he didn't. He is stealing.

 Another sketchy sketch on a Magic artist proof.

Epic Mom and Dad Save the World cosplay!

 Gotta catch'm all! It is much easier when they come to you.
Also, Mr. Mime is the stuff on nightmares.

 Picked up this amazing sketch my Mitch Byrd!

 An end comes to all things. Always amazed with how fast the crew can tear down a convention.

If that is not enough, this weekend I will be at Illuxcon in Reading, PA. Once again I will have a table in the Showcase both Friday and Saturday nights. I have some surprises in store and will be sharing more of them tomorrow here on the blog. Until then, I leave you with a cat...

Helpful cat is not helpful

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog, see you back here on tomorrow! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment