Monday, December 8, 2014

Belled Kreep - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

Recently I have shared with you my Gray Wanderer, Corrupted Knight, and Smokestack monsters. Today, I have for you the fourth piece in this series. This piece was finished very recently and is larger than its predecessors. I present you with the Belled Kreep.

Belled Kreep
11 x 14
Pencil on paper
Currently Available Grand Bazaar Originals
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

The Belled Kreep is one of three monsters I designed once returning home from Illuxcon this year and is the first to be completed. I allowed people on Facebook to vote on which I would draw first, based on just the name. It has taken a while to complete any of them since they are larger, and I am rather busy on client work, but they are slowly but surely taking shape.

The completion of the Belled Kreep lined up perfectly with me needing an image for our 2014 Holiday Card... and it was festively appropriate. Strangely enough, I was already making this monster without any thought to the card. I still have some sets of these Belled Kreep holiday cards available over on my STORE!

Belled Kreep Holiday Cards

Here are all the other completed monsters for The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia: Aberrant Stilter, Belled Kreep, Corrupted Knight, Dight-Kin, Eau-de-nil Elder, Ethra VanDalia, Footman, Gray Wanderer, Gullet, Humgruffin Mother, Irritated Girasol, Judicator, Kiplorbic Animal Dealer, Lammergeier Transport, Myopic Riflemen, Nimsbane Curse Victim, Ophiomornous Bureaucrat, Petrous Blacksmith, Quincaillerie, Saint Marque, Smokestack, Thrice, Uncanny Scribe, Virulent Artificer, Xandrell Tree, Yote Arms Dealer, and Zombic Spore.

Further details on this piece, like all of these personal monsters on toned paper, will have to wait for another day and, hopefully, a different type of information interface. Fear naught, all will be revealed in the fullness of time. As an added bonus, here are some images of the piece as I worked on it.


All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

 That is all for another exciting Monday. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment