Friday, February 5, 2010

Dragon Rage Barbarian - Revisited

A few weeks ago the good folks at Ninja Mountain were kind enough to use one of my pieces on their critique podcast. I took their advice as well as some other feedback I had received on this piece and went back and gave it some more attention. I really liked this piece and I felt I could really take it to the next level with some more love. A little thought and elbow grease later and I present to you my updated Dragon Rage Barbarian...

Dragon Rage Barbarian
© 2009 Wizards of the Coast LLC

You can review my original version of this piece HERE. Now all I have to do it make sure I can so this on the first pass before I turn it into the client and not three months after the art is used. This yet again shows the invaluable help of having others look at your work and trusting their advice and experience.

Next week I have have some new work to share with you. I think the product is actually out now, at least that is the impression I am getting from the interwebs. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey it's looks much different from the original one and I think it looks more dynamic now. I have tried it shortly in Painter, maybe it would set the focus a bit more on the light of the dragon and the face and such if you make the right leg (from our view) a bit darker.

    But it's great how you've improved it (which doesn't mean I thought it bad before). :)
    Good work!

    ReplyDelete