Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Galeb Duhr - Dungeons and Dragons

I realized as I was getting these drawings together this morning that I have been sharing work on the this blog lately that I promised myself I would never post. I wonder what that says about me?

Moving back to topic, I have for you today the Galeb Duhr that I redesigned for Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition and for the Dungeons and Dragons Miniatures. The Galeb Duhr has been around in D&D for a very long time and it was my privilege to be chosen to update it for 4th Edition. In honor of this opportunity I apparently took some crazy pills and got to work on the first version of my redesign...

Yeah... I think my art director's feedback to this first version was, "YIKES!" (I can't believe I am showing anyone that drawing)
© 2007 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Once the crazy pills wore off I got back to work and tried to come up with some a little bit... not crappy. The second version was received a little bit better.

Closer, but there are still some areas that need some additional rock man love.
© 2007 Wizards of the Coast LLC

After a bit more spit and polish and more drawing I think we are getting there. The third version seemed up to the challenge and made it through and was approved.
Much better! Now onto the full turnaround.
© 2007 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Here is the final approved Galeb Duhr turnaround is all it's glory. As a side not my wife was quite found of the rock butt. Not sure why, I think she just like the idea of it having a butt. I didn't nessecerily see it as a butt, it did need to be spherical and bolder like. Or... it could have a rock butt.

© 2007 Wizards of the Coast LLC

You can see how the Galeb Duhr turned out in it's final production miniature form, HERE. Not sure I will have anything for you tomorrow but I will be back on Friday with something. I am on the home stretch on a project and need to stay focused on it. What project you ask? Well, a project involving miniature designs! Maybe that is why I have been posting so many lately...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment