Monday, December 14, 2009

Toxic Sirroth - Dreamblade

I had planned to post this on Friday, but as with all things there was change. So I am playing catch up and most likely will have an extra post or two this week to make up for it.

Today I bring you an oldie but goody, the Toxic Sirroth. The Toxic Sirroth was a spec design I submitted for the first set of Dreamblade. The original incarnation of the Sirroth was felt to be... ah, um... too suggestive. I didn't see the lurid nature of the design until it was pointed out to me. I was just trying to make a crazy weird monster. I wonder what that says about me... in any event I nicknamed this design 'Freud' during it's design phase.

The naughty naughty Toxic Sirroth. Shame on you!
© 2005 Wizards of the Coast LLC

A quick revision later the design became more family friendly and I was approved to move forward with the rest of the turnaround. Though to be honest I always liked that upper torso. The idea that it's arms turned into spikes that it would support it's weight or use to fight. Oh well, save those in the mental archives for another day.

A much more PG / PG-13 kind of monster.
© 2005 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Though the Toxic Sirroth was designed for the first set of Dreamblade it wasn't used until Anvilborn. A wonderful surprise to say the least since this was a spec design that made it all the way through production. I really liked how it turned out and I use two of them in one of my mono fear warbands.

Final Toxic Sirroth turnaround.
© 2005 Wizards of the Coast LLC

To see how this piece translated into plastic, you can see the final production miniature HERE. I should have some more drawing for you tomorrow... the work I was going to post today, actually! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

5 comments:

  1. Yuck! That thing's bloody nasty looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you can't help but look at the naughty bits. You eyes just find their ways back, enjoying the contours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I don't think the fantasy equivalent of National Geographic is going to want to capture that species' mating season...

    ReplyDelete