Monday, December 21, 2009

Ghosts of Christmas' Past

By now most of us are knee deep in some variety of winter holiday. I myself just finished celebrating Wookiee Life Day over the weekend (yes, I know I was early). For the last eight years or so I have made my own holiday cards to send out to friends and family. Today I am bringing you the art for 2006 - 2008. I will share 2009 later in the week.

Holiday card 2006
Fun fact about 2006... When I worked in LA in the makeup effects industry I designed the shop's holiday card each year. I suggested this idea one year and was shot down, so I was able to revive it and use it for myself.
© 2006 Christopher Burdett

Holiday card 2007
I like drawing tentacles. The more the merrier. Ho ho ho!
© 2007 Christopher Burdett

Holiday card 2008
What was that about tentacles? Are the tentacles taking the presents or giving the presents? I had one of them in mind when I drew this. I always find people's take on this drawing interesting.
© 2008 Christopher Burdett

I finished up the last of my work for 2009 this past Friday. I am just awaiting approval and feedback. Fingers crossed! I will try to have some posts for you later in the week, but I have family arriving mid week and then all the hubbub and goings on at the end of the week will be taking up a lot of time. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Yeah, 2006 and 2008 is some of that rare, "traditional" media I sometimes get my hands dirty with. Glad to hear you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! These are awesome man!
    Btw Its funny how you move slowly from the more graphical towards a more painterly style. :)

    ReplyDelete