Thursday, December 14, 2023

Remembering Camden Toy

Last week, I learned that a friend of mine in Los Angeles has been secretly battling cancer since 2020. While I completely support anyone's decision with what they share and do not share, especially about health matters, this came as a shock. He was no longer able to comminicate, so the annocument was made on his behalf and to let people know that he was near the end. A few days ago, he passed and is no longer in pain. 

I met Camden Toy while living and working in special makeup effects. The first monsters I design for Buffy the Vampire Slayer was the Gnarl demon for season 7. The actor to play the roll was Camden, and he soon became a frequnt visitor to the shop. He was kind, gernous, feriendly, funny, and an all around amazing human. This, this is all just so horribly sad. He was truly a good person. I had the pelasure to design several of the monsters he portrayed. Near the end of my time in LA, I was lucky enough to apply his makeup for a movie, while in my own makeup for the same movie, and then we got to run around and play zombies in the movie together. I have some really nice memories of Camden, but for now, I need to hold them close.

Makeup design by me/portrayed by Camden Toy

Makeup design by me/portrayed by Camden Toy

Makeup design for both by me/Camden's makeup application and paint work by me

That is all for today. See you back here tomorrow. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment