Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bloated Choppers - my life as a zombie

Felt like switching it up this morning. I am in the middle of several projects which are all screaming for my attention. I thought something fun (for me at least) was in order for the blog today...

I bring you a look back at my life as a zombie named Bloated Choppers on the set of All Souls Day: Dia de los Muertos. I'm in the credits! You can check and see that they misspelled my name... again... You might remember seeing a photo of me as the zombie before but I have some images I have never shared.

RAWR! I'm a ZOMBIE! I was responsible for the design, paint work and performance.

The zombie I was portraying was invisioned as having been a drowning victim that floated around for a while becoming swollen and rotten before being reanimated. Fun times! I worn lip retracters most of the time while in the makeup to give the proper look. By the end I got so use to pulling my lips back that I could do it without the retracters. I also usually had a mouth full of black cake icing to add to the drooling wreck that was my zombie face.

Two zombies are better then one! RAWR!

I am pictured above with my friend Camden Toy, I worked with Camden on both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. It was nice to be in front of the camera with him for once. On the last day of shooting I was able to do Camden's makeup (pictured above) and if that isn't enough, I did it while in my makeup.

Danny Trejo RAWR!

YES! The actual real life Danny Trejo. He was totally awesome to work with and a cool guy that has seen and done a lot in his life. He had a million stories and was ready for the camera on a moments notice. A real pleasure to be able to say I worked with Danny.

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM RAWR!

Spoiler alert! I eat people as a zombie. I also did all my own stunts and go shot a couple of times. There is even a little thing about me in the extras on the DVD if you are so inclined to watch it.

He coming to get you, Barbara...

I spent my 3oth birthday on the set of All Souls Day: Dia de los Muertos as Bloated Choppers and would not change that for anything.

That is it for today. As long as all goes according to plan I will be back here on Friday with something new! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, this is disgust... uhm, I mean awesome! :)
    The Danny Trejo picture kills. Both of them. Okay, all pictures kill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fkn hell Chris, I'm so jealous mate!

    Awesome, awesome stuff!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 'll have to kill you Chris!:P
    I'm so envious now...
    it's true i'd never change if for anything,nice to see that i'm not the only one who loves zombies..and Danny "machete" Trejo..wtf i'm jealous grrlwwww
    Nice!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody... fun memories that feel like they are from another life at this point. Danny Trejo was really really cool and very gracious on set. He was so hardcore.

    It was mid October in the high desert so the evening and night were cool to cold so I was just fine in my makeup. I was actually one of the comfortable people on set with the makeup and half body suit.

    Like I mentioned over on Facebook, I found while living and working in LA on stuff like this you can become really desensitized to the WOW! factor of it all. It becomes just work and daily routine. It was not till I left LA that I was hit with a profound sense of "HOLY CRAP I DID THAT!!?!??!!?".

    ReplyDelete
  5. just recently discoerd your blog and work and it's awe inducing. Great great stuff.

    ReplyDelete