Friday, December 8, 2023

Gazer 2D Miniature

Today, I have another recently released 2D miniature based on one of my Dungeons & Dragons paintings. As with the others, this is a monster that already received a 3D mini, so now we have more minis, and that is a truly wonderful thing. This time around, it is the Gazer that I designed and illustrated for Volo's Guide to Monsters. Here is how the final illustration for the Gazer turned out.

Beholder Gazer
Volo's Guide to Monsters
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC
 
If you want to seek out the set this miniature is in, here is an image of the packaging. The 2D YGazer can be found in the Beholder Hive set of the D&D Idols of the Realms line of miniatures.  
 
Beholder Hive

The 2D minis are very high quality, and the printing is excellent. There are bases for all miniatures, which are arranged by size. Here is the 2D miniature of the Gazer
 
Gazer 2D Miniature

I mentioned that this particular monster already has a 3D miniature. As this is a tiny monster, the miniatures are always too small to get all the detail in. With the 2D printed mini, you are able to get a bit more in there, and it really reads well. I love how faithful it is to my painting, even at this size. Here is the 3D mini for the Gazer.

Gazer Miniature

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week. Until then...
 
For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment