Monday, August 26, 2013

Gen Con 2013 - Day 3

Day 3 of Gen Con 2013! The big long day of Gen Con. There are so many more people, more events, and just more of everything going on Saturday... or at least that is how it feels to me sitting at my booth in artist alley. There is definitely a bigger crush of people moving through out the exhibit hall. The day flew by as I was kept busy sketching, talking to people, and people watching. A lot of families faces and many more new ones. The day started off with being able to get into the Fantasy Flight Games booth (finally) to have a look at some things I worked on that I have not seen in person yet (more on this below) and concluded with being one of the judges of the L5R costume contest. Not a bad day at all!

This year's Gen Con was filled with so many new and interesting things and happenings. Just when I thought I knew what to expect from Gen Con and thought I knew what was going to happen... POW! New and exciting change of plans! ...that lead to enjoying Bike Week and light up hula hoops. Not really sure what these things have to do with the best four days in gaming, but they were shared with friends and a good time was had. I think wandering around the first night and seeing all that was going on and everything I had been missing opened my eyes to what else Gen Con has to offer.

Day 3 of Gen Con was a good day indeed. Here are lots of images from the day's events...

My Trandoshans are finally in print! (more on this SOON!)

More of my Star Wars secrets revealed from Edge of the Empire! (more on this SOON!)

The BEST OF SHOW Aaron B Miller's booth.

The extremely talented and all around great guy Scott Murphy's booth.

Drew Baker stops by to have a chat with Ralph Horsley.

Kiaju attack! RAWR!

Dragon angel sketch card for a collector of angel sketch cards.

It was a weekend of beholder sketches on play mats. Here is but one of many... RAWR!

Monster battle play mat! My contribution to the fray is the top tight flying mouth monster. Had to take up monster arms with Sam Fegal and his fire giant.

Some of the participants in the L5R costume contest. Great job everybody. You all can't win a prize but you are all winners in my book!

I for one welcome the coming of our new balloon Elder God of madness... Ia! Ia! (balloon) Cthulhu Fhtagn!

An omen! Unknown to me at the time this bison was showing what the future held for me after Gen Con was over... Con crud... YAYS!

You can find reference and inspiration everywhere. Love what the light and patterns are doing when these hula hoops are in motion. Almost like... MAGIC!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here tomorrow for a look at the final day of Gen Con 2013! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment