Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Conan for Yog-Blogsoth

This posted while I was away at Gen Con so I am just now getting to it... and I have been super excited to share this! The extremely talented monster maker and curator of the Yog-Blogsoth, Michael Bukowski, asked me to create a guest artist piece for his blog and I was more then happy to help him out. Michael wanted me to give him my interpretation of Conan, so I channeled my inner Cimmerian and came up with this...

Conan, slayer of tentacled monsters
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

You can read excerpts associated with Conan and this piece over of the Yog-Blogsoth. It was a real honor for Micheal to contact me about this piece and I hope to have to opportunity to do something like this again in the future. If you are unfamiliar with Micheal's work and the work he is doing on this blog you are really missing out and need to drop everything and head over to the Yog-Blogsoth right now.

You may be thinking that Conan is not a monster... why in the heck am I making a Conan?! Well, it is always good to try something new and to challenge yourself. Also, there are times you don't say 'no; and you jump at the chance to take part in a very cool project. ...not to mention, if you look at it in a certain way, Conan is kinda of like a monster... well, to me he can be. RAWR!

Here are some of the earlier steps in the creation of this Conan piece...

Conan drawing
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

Conan inks
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment