Friday, August 23, 2013

Gen Con 2013 - Day 2

Well... the con crud finally caught up to me and knocked me out. I felt the first signs of it Tuesday morning while traveling home from Gen Con and I gave it the good fight... but it finally took me off my feet. Which is why this post is going up uncharacteristically late in the day. Hopefully I will fight through it quickly, since I have a lot to take care of right now! I guess there was too much fun had at Gen Con this year... or patient zero stopped by my booth...

Day 2 of Gen Con 2013! I find the Friday of Gen Con a weird one, it is not the frantic first day, it is not the super huge main day of Saturday, and it is not the frantic last day... it is just there in the middle. There felt like a lot people had shown up and there was a lot more activity. For the artists, there is the award show Friday evening and as in past years there is the Fantasy Flight dinner where the attending FFG art directors and artist all go out to eat and talk... which is super fun. Before all that post con fun there were musical interludes, steam punk things of all types, and lots of cards to sign.

I don't have as many pictures to share from my adventures on Day 2 of Gen Con but that does not mean there were not plenty of adventures...

This steam punk C-3PO was really weird...

A nice selection of my cards to sign. When asking for signatures...

...bringing extras to give to the artist, especially when they are card the artist does not have yet makes you a SUPER AWESOME person! THANKS!

A little musical interlude for the afternoon.

A look around the convention from my booth, Brom was over at that area to the left with the white cloth queue.

Aaron Miller took home best of show for Gen Con 2013!
Congrats... try not to eat your award...

FFG dinner! Seems to get bigger every year. Fun times!

We lifted up the king of all Gen Con artists and paraded him through the streets of Indianapolis as if he was a God on earth... or not... we may have just been posing for silly pictures...

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday for more coverage from Gen Con 2013! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment