Friday, August 2, 2013

Did somebody say toned paper DRAGON?!

The toned paper monsters keep coming as Gen Con gets closer and closer! Today I have for you a mad dragon. I originally created this dragon piece for the Legend of the Five Rings card game. I was really happy with how it turned out and it has been really well received by people so I thought I would revisit it. After some tweaks to the original sketch I set about doing a large version of it on toned paper and here is how it turned out...

Dragon Madness (P'an Ku revisited)
  12 x 16
colored pencil on toned paper
P'an Ku © 2013 AEG


Everybody just loves dragons and I more then happy to oblige. So far this is the largest toned paper piece I have done... though I have plans to work a bit bigger very soon. I have to say I am really happy with how this is all progressing. It is just too much fun to work on the toned paper. To be honest I am having some trouble going back to the white paper I am have been drawing on for years. Not sure what that is about... but I better shake it off soon because I need to start making some NEW drawings and not just going back to stuff I have already completed. But for now... I am having a lot of fun! More of these VERY SOON!


For those attending Gen Con you will have a chance to see the Dragon Madness (P'an Ku revisited) in person and even buy it and take him home with you! Give the Dragon Madness (P'an Ku revisited) a good home!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday for a brand new monster! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! Cant wait to see that and all the others at the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacob! They will be there for all to see (and buy)! :P

      Delete