Monday, May 13, 2013

Skorne Mammoth

Way back in September and October of 2011 I worked on a mammoth project... in fact it was the mighty Skorne Mammoth recently released by Privateer Press! I am happy to now be able to share the work that went into creating such a massive miniature. It was no small effort and I worked closely with art director Chris Walton to make sure Privateer Press got what they needed. Here is how the final painted and assembled Skorne Mammoth looks...

Skorne Mammoth
(Image courtesy of Privateer Press)

Now that you have seen the final product, here are all my finished and final drawings that went into creating the Skorne Mammoth...

Skorne Mammoth - Turnaround
© 2013 Privateer Press

Skorne Mammoth - Front breakdown
© 2013 Privateer Press

Skorne Mammoth - Back breakdown
© 2013 Privateer Press

Skorne Mammoth - Body concept and breakdown
© 2013 Privateer Press

Skorne Mammoth - Cannon detail and breakdown
© 2013 Privateer Press

Skorne Mammoth - Cannon rigging breakdown
© 2013 Privateer Press
 
The Skorne Mammoth was not the first miniature that I designed for Privateer Press, but it certainly the largest. Now that the Mammoth has been released I will have more of my PP work to share with you very soon. I also have a mountain of concepts and earlier versions of the Skorne Mammoth that I can share as well. As I have said, it was a mammoth project...

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments: