Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In search of Monsters - Vencie, Italy

I have just returned from a much needed two week vacation in Italy and England. ...hence my posts about my monsters running the blog while I was offline. I am back and am now going through over 2,900 images that I took while adventuring. Over the next several posts I will have some highlight images that I will like to share with you. I plan on doing some more targeted postings relating to what I discovered on our adventures... but I have many images to go through first.

Today I have for you a look at Venice, Italy and its neighbor, Murano, Italy. I highly recommend travel and I can't express how amazing and awe inspiring I found Venice. There are monsters on everything and so much incredible reference everywhere you look. These images are just the tip of the iceberg... but I do not want to bore, so here is a taste of Venice...

St. Mark's Basilica - Venice, Italy

 AMAZING reliquary in St. Mark's Basilica - Venice, Italy

 St. Mark's Basilica - Venice, Italy

 St. Mark's Basilica - Venice, Italy

 Found this just wandering the streets - Venice, Italy

 Monsters and creatures around every turn - Venice, Italy

Don't forget to look up - Venice, Italy

Wood carving in a church - Murano, Italy

Wood carving in a church - Murano, Italy  

The churches don't spare any expense - Venice, Italy

Grand staircase at the Doge's Palace - Venice, Italy

A view of St. Mark's Basilica from the Doge's Palace - Venice, Italy

From the balcony of St. Mark's Basilica - Venice, Italy

Inspiration everywhere you look - Venice, Italy

Even in the most unsuspecting churches you will find massive works of skill and art - Venice, Italy

Layers of detail upon layers of detail - Venice, Italy

Needless to say, all images are...
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

Hope you enjoyed a taste of Venice. Next we head to Leeds and York in England. But don't worry, I will be returning to Venice eventually... I have some specific work I want to do in response to the things I saw and experienced there.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

 For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment