Friday, May 17, 2013

Monster inking practice

There are times when I am busy and then there are times when I am BUSY. I am fast approaching the latter as the summer event and convention session looms on the horizon. The Illustration Master Class is a month away and I am booked up with monsters. This is not leaving a lot of time right now for my personal monsters. I did make a little time to work on a quick study to working on some digital inking. I have a bit of this sort of work ahead of me so I figured I better make sure I am ready for it all. Here is how the study turned out...

Beak monster study and practice
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

Practice makes perfect and perfect is a goal that is always just out of reach. So make sure you are getting in lots of practice! This one was just a quick study out of my head, but I find it funny to see an actual bird in there that I have seen many times. I guess that is the point, build up your tool box of skills and knowledge to make sure you are making better and more informed choices when working... but that is a topic for another time, I need to get back to work!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday for a NEW MONSTER painting! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

4 comments: