Monday, May 6, 2013

In search of Monsters - London, England (Part 1)

Today I have for you a look at the first part of London, England... or should I say I have for you a handful of the hundreds of images that I took while visiting London.  I finally found a whole ton of monsters all in one place... convenient! The British Natural History Museum has MANY amazing specimens and displays. Hopefully I will have a chance to share more of the images I took while visiting all the dinosaurs, reptiles, mammals, birds, invertebrates, and other monsters.  Here is the first part of London...

"Dippy" the apatosaurus  - London, England

Monkey skeleton  - London, England

A terrible lizard monster, I never get tired of seeing these skeletons in person  - London, England 

Some of the skeletons were displays 12 feet off the ground and there is an elevated walkway to see them as well as a walking path below - London, England

Tyrannosaurus Rex teeth - London, England

One of my favorite mammals, the scaled pangolin - London, England 

Another of my favorite mammals, the deadly hippopotamus - London, England 

Earth's largest mammals all in one giant room, elephants, whales, and their ancestors - London, England

FINALLY, a coconut crab in the flesh (as it were), love these things! - London, England

Needless to say, all images are...
© 2013 Christopher Burdett

That is a taste of the cast archive of natural history to be found in London, England. On Wednesday I have a taste of the human history that is contained in the walls of the British Museum!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment