Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Only War: Hammer Of The Emperor

Hammer Of The Emperor, the newest supplement to the Only War RPG is now out, and I have several monstrous mounts in it! Set in the grim future of the Warhammer 40K universe Only War centers around the Imperial Guard, the galaxy-spanning armies of the God-Emperor... but that doesn't mean there can't be some monsters in there. For Hammer Of The Emperor, I was asked to do a series of three drawings depicting various mounts used in war. The first one, the Aethexe, was brand new, and I got to design it! Here is how the drawings turned out...

Aethexe
© 2013 Fantasy Flight Games

Krieg Death Rider Horse
© 2013 Fantasy Flight Games

Mukaali
© 2013 Fantasy Flight Games 

Sad Mukaali is sad... Here are scans from the book so that you can see how they were eventually used in the final product...


Since the final product was drawings, there is not a lot to share regarding the process for these. I can share the thumbnails and concepts that I submitted before creating the final drawing. For the first two, you will see a fourth unlabeled box. This is the thumbnail after implementing notes from my art director before I moved onto the final drawing...

Aethexe - thumbnails / concepts
© 2013 Fantasy Flight Games

Krieg Death Rider Horse - thumbnails
© 2013 Fantasy Flight Games

Mukaali - thumbnails
© 2013 Fantasy Flight Games

As mentioned time and time again, the drawing part of the process of creating monsters and illustrations is my favorite, so anytime the drawing is the finished product, I am happy with an assignment. Thanks to Andy Christensen for thinking of me for this assignment! RAWR!

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment