Friday, May 3, 2013

In search of Monsters - Leeds and York, England

Today I have for you a look at York and Leeds, England... or should I say I have for you a handful of the hundreds of images that I took while visiting Leeds and York.  I found the north country of England to be beautiful and and rich with history. We had an outstanding tour guide and host in the form of fantasy illustrator, Ralph Horsley.  Could not have asked for a better guide and more enjoyable adventure. Here is a taste of Leeds and York...

Why has no one ever told me there is a dragon on one of the pound coins?

York Castle in all its castle-y goodness - York, England

Detail from the only surviving suits of elephant armor... as in armor worn by elephants - Leeds, England

Pangolin scale armor, it is not enough that the armor is made from all those scales... but each scale is painted and detailed - Leeds, England

Detail of Samurai helmet - Leeds, England  

Detail of Samurai chest ornamentation - Leeds, England  

Another detail from Japanese armor - Leeds, England  

Legit chainmail - Leeds, England  

Ruins of an abbey - Leeds, England  

More ruins of an abbey - Leeds, England 

Ralph Horsley was kind enough to let me try on a lot of his armor - Leeds, England 

Victorian cemetery - Leeds, England

Needless to say, all images are...
© 2013 Christopher Burdett
Hope you enjoyed a taste of Leeds and York. Next we head to London, England. I will be breaking London up into two days since there are so many image... nearly the whole history of humanity and the planet Earth can be found in London museums.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment