Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Talisman: Highland (part 2)

Today I have for you two more cards from Talsiman: Highland. If you missed my first post you can see it, HERE. No monsters today, per say - but real treats of the mountains none the less...

Tumbling Boulder
© 2010 Fantasy Flight Games

Mountain Goat
© 2010 Fantasy Flight Games

I had a lot of fun with the Tumbling Boulder. I initially went back and forth a lot wondering how much destruction it needed to be causing and how grand the havoc should be. At one point it was destroying an entire village, people fleeing in every direction, tress being knocked around like toothpicks. In the end I scaled it back and decided to go with something a little simpler and to throw in a little humor. The final art was cropped a great deal to allow for all the game content on the card so in the end I was correct in toning the scale back. In the final card you only see the running knight and the lower half of the boulder.

The goat... the goat may not be smart, but is really patient. Creepy creepy goat eyes!

That is all for today. I will be back here on Friday with two more cards! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment