Friday, July 2, 2010

Talisman: Highland (part 3)

Why yes, I do have two more cards from Talisman: Highland to share with you today. If you missed them you can check out my earlier post here: Part 1 and Part 2. One is a monster type thing and one is not a monster type thing…

Magpie
© 2010 Fantasy Flight Games

Highland Raiders
© 2010 Fantasy Flight Games

I am really happy with the Magpie. I had the piece in my hardcopy portfolio late last year when I was attending some events and got some good reactions on it. Before you ask what was I doing showing this around last last year especially when the game just came out… I got permission to use it. Never hurts to ask! For the record, the gold gnome figurine was in fact in the art order. I think I am most pleased with the sticks and nest, not really sure why, but I like how they turned out.

The Highland Raiders was really straight forward. The art order requested simply an Orc.. that's it. I came up with the rest as I developed the sketch and now we have Highland Raiders. I wanted to try something interesting with the lighting, something I have never done before. Not sure how successful I was with it, but it never hurts to try something new once in awhile.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. There won't be a post on Monday due to the holiday and I will most likely be offline getting some work done. But fear naught, I will be back on Wednesday with some more pieces from Talisman! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

4 comments:

  1. That is so spooky - I just painted a magpie yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to now say that great minds think alike... but I was asked to paint the Magpie... So apparently my mind is not so great :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. some quite nice lighting situations in these cards!
    I also like that magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jeff! Glad to hear you like it!

    ReplyDelete