Friday, July 30, 2010

2010 World Yo-Yo Contest

A few weeks ago Lee Bretschneider was telling me about a friend who had all these little wooden yo-yos that she would like to get artist to work on. They are to be auctioned at the 2010 World Yo-Yo Contest. I expressed interest and before I knew it I had a little wooden yo-yo of my own. Now, what could I possibly want to paint on mine? ...a MONSTER of course!

Monster Yo-Yo top
© 2010 Christopher Burdett

Monster Yo-Yo Bottom
© 2010 Christopher Burdett

Monster Yo-Yo size comparison
© 2010 Christopher Burdett

This was a very fun nice little distraction from my assignments. I hope it is received well at the event. I am told the art auction is a highlight of the event and they go quickly. My apologies for the blurry comparison photo, but you get the idea... they are little.

It is almost here, Gen Con is next week! Check back in on Monday to see some of the new promotional materials I have for this year's convention season. I am really happy with how they have all turned out and look forward to putting them into folks hands. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments:

  1. Nice Yo-Yo, Christopher. What medium did you use? Or was it digital and later printed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad to hear you like it. I based it out in spray paint and did all the line work with a sharpie marker and then finished it off with craft acrylics.

    ReplyDelete