Friday, July 9, 2010

Talisman: Highland (part 5)

All good things come to an end and so do my Talisman: Highland posts. Today I have for you the final card that I created for the expansion of Talisman. If you missed the previous post you see them here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4. Wrapping things up I give you the Hand of Doom! which is a new alternate ending card for the game...

Hand of Doom
© 2010 Fantasy Flight Games

I got a lot of feedback on this piece from other artist and it was almost unanimously, "You should have used reference". The fact is that I took reference photos with awesome lighting and everything. I look back at this piece now and say, "I should have used reference". Apparently taking and having the reference is only half the equation. I am happy to say that since working on these I think I am taking better reference and in turn using it more effectively. Live and learn!

That is all for another week! Starting next week I will be posting my pieces from the Pathfinder GameMaster Guide that came out recently. Oh and Gen Con is coming up... have I mentioned I will be there? More on this soon. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I can't tell you how often that happens to me. Makes me want to pull my hair out. I still like it and I give you a lot of credit in still showing it. I know when I get that feedback I want to bury my head in the dirt.

    ReplyDelete