Monday, July 26, 2010

WIP - Rocky Horror DERBY Show Poster

Today on the blog I have something I have been working on in the shadows. I sometimes stop and think, "When did I have time for that?!" The Tallahassee Rollergirls have another bout coming up in mid August and I once again designed the art for the big event. Here is the line work for the Rocky Horror DERBY Show poster...

Rocky Horror DERBY show roller derby poster
© 2010 Christopher Burdett

Those who know me well know I don't really do 'pretty' in my work and I find that creating attractive women seems to clash with my natural aesthetic (no horns and tentacles). I know so many artist that seem to be able to create a pleasing female form with their eyes closed. I am not one of them. So these derby posters take a lot out of me artistically. But it is good for me in the end, gets me out of my comfort zone, allows me to better take and use reference for my projects since I rely more heavily on it for a project like this.

For the record, the album art for the London cast soundtrack for the Rocky Horror Picture Show features a tentacle. This is my excuse for why there is a tentacled horror on this poster even though no such thing appears in the movie or play. That is my story and I am keeping to it.

That's all for today. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment