Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Rediscovered Art Now Available - Legends of the Five Rings

With the completion of my studio last year and my return to conventions, I have been digging through many files, boxes, and art and doing a great deal of organizing. With all this comes the resurfacing of older art and art that I had assumed was gone. To be fair, in the lead-up to the release of The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia in 2020, I had cleared out client work and non-Bazaar stuff from my convention setup and filed a lot of older art away. With the chaos of the following years, a lot that was filed away became forgotten. This means I am now making works available that were lost but are now found. I will share some of this work on the blog as it returns to my store. To start things off, I have for you the last four drawings that I produced for the Legend of the Five Rings card game.

12 x 9 - Pencil on paper
The Shadow's Embrace
© 2012 Alderac Entertainment Group 

12 x 9 - Pencil on paper
Seeds of Decay
© 2012 Alderac Entertainment Group

12 x 9 - Pencil on paper
Seeds of Decay
© 2012 Alderac Entertainment Group

12 x 9 - Pencil on paper
Aftermath
© 2013 Alderac Entertainment Group

Here are some images of the final digital paintings and production cards for the pieces above. L5R was always a fun game to work on, and it allowed a lot of freedom with the art. Unfortunately, I was never able to fit as much L5R work into my schedule as I wanted to. These four are the last of the original art for the game that I still have. Once there are gone, so passes my involvement with the game.



That's all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog. See you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment