Monday, April 24, 2023

Bribe Taker Drawing, Artist Proofs, and Framing Solutions

I recently had the great pleasure of fulfilling the art wishes of a friend of mine. I have known Aras Aziz for many years, and he is an active member of the Magic the Gathering community. He had wanted to win the Bribe Taker drawing when I auctioned it last year, but unfortunately, he was outbid. Jump ahead to this year, and he was able to track the art down and purchase it. Aras approached me to recreate the art for the Bribe Taker across two artist proofs of the card, one bordered and one borderless. There was no way I could say no! I present the framed art, cards, and two-up art reproduction artist proof drawings.

Bribe Taker art, cards, and artist proofs withdrawing
Photo courtesy Aras Aziz 

I think it turned out beautifully, and I am thrilled with how happy Aras is with it all. Here is a close-up of the drawing (and painting) I did of the Bribe Taker on the back of two artist proofs.

Bribe Taker across two artist proofs.
Marker, ink, and acrylic paint

This one was a bit of a challenge. The drawing needed to match a finished illustration, which is being drawn on two small cards. While it has gotten easier for me to work at the small scale of the APs, this one required a lot of extra time and attention. In the end, it all worked out. Aras is happy, I am so glad, and he has a stellar piece on his wall. Here are both cards separately to get an even better look at it all. 

Halved Bribe Taker for all you half of a Bribe Taker needs.

And yes, my store says I no longer offer this option. This was a special case for a friend, who asked very nicely.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment