Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Augmented Reality Test of the Monsters From The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

As mentioned in July and September, the day job had us doing some testing and experimentation in augmented reality (AR). While we have moved on to doing tests in Blender doing 3D modeling and animation (more on this soon), we will likely swing back to more AR work soon. What I am sharing with you today was the final major test with the AR software. I isolated a selection of monsters from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia and presented them at their 'real' size. This will allow the viewer to walk among the various monsters to experience them at their intended size in a 3D space. I added a small sign at the monster's feet with its name and size in standard Grand Bazaar cubits (feet). While I did several tests, this video was the final and most successful demonstration of the experience. 

There was an issue with the first several tests of this concept. While the monsters were placed on the ground plane in the software, they would be levitating above the ground when the experience was initiated. Eventually, I determined how much before the ground plane they needed to be set in the software for them to appear standing on the ground.

As mentioned above, this is the final AR experiment I have to share with you at this time. In a few weeks, once IX is behind me, and several other things are checked off the list, I will share with you the animation test I have been working on. 

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog. See you back here possibly on Friday, if not after IX! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment