Friday, September 16, 2022

Augmented Reality Test Using Interstellar Express Assist

As I first mentioned in July, the day job has us doing some testing and experimentation in augmented reality (AR). As we moved forward with the work, I utilized some of the work that I did on Interstellar Express to make several animated shadow boxes that you could interact with and explore. This is a direct extension of the work I shared with you in July. Mainly, it was a test to see if I could make looping gifs and then import them into Aero, make them clickable, and create something animated and interactive. After trying out some options and proof of concept tests, I generated the following video.

Initially, as a proof of concept test, I did a flat version, which you can still see in this video. I always intended these to be shadow boxes, but to ensure all the pieces worked and I wasn't wasting time, I made a flat version first.

We continued, and in cases continue, to do stuff with AR at the day job. I have one additional test from earlier in the year to share with you soon. The team has moved on to doing some work in 3D, and some back brought that work back into AR. I have been focused on other work lately, but in time I hope to share some work in that direction as well.

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. Next week will be weird, so I am not sure if there will be any posts, but you never know. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment