Friday, September 9, 2022

Molydeus Miniature

Today, I have for you a miniature based on one of my illustrations. I updated and painted the Molydeus for Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse. I wasn't expecting this one to be the first miniature from the book to be released, but here it is all the same. I will never complain about an official mini based on one of my D&D paintings. To start things off, here is my painting of the Molydeus.

Molydeus
Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Emi Tanji
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC

First and foremost, the Molydeus miniature is fantastic! I love how it turned out, and I love that it is enormous. I thought the monster was a little smaller from what I remember of the assignment, but I guess it is huge now. Not sure why the snake is coming out of the shoulder armor, I didn't think I made it look like that. The snake should be coming out of the demon's back, but it is now in the sholder. I think it is cool either way. For me, it is an overall pleasing mini. It is big, looks cool, has lots of detail, has a complex paint scheme, and feels good when you hold it. I think that checks off every box, and I could not be happier. Here are some images of the miniature so that you can compare them to my illustration.

The Molydeus miniature for all your Molydeus miniature needs
 
That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then... 

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment