Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Trex - Dungeons & Dragons - Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden

I received my contributor copies of the latest Dungeons & Dragons book yesterday. Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden introduces players to the frozen wastes where the monsters are not the only dangers. I produced one illustration for this book, but it would have been fun to create a lot more. I took on this assignment at the beginning of the year, and I was in the final stages of getting my book ready for Kickstarter and planning out my exciting year, so I only had time to do the one painting. The Kickstarter happened, but not so much on the exciting year. That said, I was pleased with how my piece turned out for this book. Here is a look at the books that arrived for Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden.

 
Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden

My assignment had me revisiting one of my favorite go-to D&D monsters, the wily Kobold. I find that the Kobold can fill many roles in an adventure, and I love using them in unexpected ways in the games that I have run. Anyway, this particular Kobold needed some personality, and it was a fun one to work on. I give you Trex the Kobold.

Trex
Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2020 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Since the final painting for this piece is digital, the only original for it is the drawing. I am happy with how it turned out, but I have still made it available over on my store. Here is how the drawing for this Kobold turned out.

Trex
Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2020 Wizards of the Coast LLC

 Here is a little preview of Trex in the book; please excuse the unflattering photo of the page.

Trex in book form! Do not let this lousy photo of the page sway you; it printed beautifully.

That is all of another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment