Friday, February 8, 2019

And Another Unexpected Installation

Last week while walking in the morning I came upon another art installation. You might remember some of the other installations I have shared recently. This time around it was a two piece presentation at the entrance of a pedestrian tunnel under train tracks. On one side was a hand-painted Native American statue and on the other side was a metal pair of palm trees. I found the statue to be very interesting and the paint job compelling. Here is a look at the installation.

The Native American statue.

Metal palm trees for all your metal palm tree needs.

A closer look at the statue...

...and an even closer look.

Unfortuanlty, we can not have nice things, and after two days the installation was destroyed by some cretin who finds it easier to destroy than to just keep walking. The palm trees are gone, and the statue is completely smashed. There is a mark on the sidewalk where it shattered.

We can not have nice things.

I wish I had gotten photos of the statue in the daylight. Its paintwork is a lot more complicated than I initially thought. Oh well, next time. 

I hope that this does not deter the artist from continuing these installations. I do love finding them, and they make my day so much more exciting and happy.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment