Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Creatures of the Galaxy Adversary Deck - The Return of the Ronto

I keep stumbling across instances of my Star Wars illustrations being reused on various other Star Wars projects. This time around I have for you the Creatures of the Galaxy Adversary Deck from 2016. It has been under my radar for over three years, so better late than never to share it. The adversary deck sees the return of the Enraged Ronto that I originally painted in 2013 for the Suns of Fortune Star Wars RPG supplement. Here is a look at the new incarnation of the art as the Enraged Ronto.

Ronto
Creatures of the Galaxy Adversary Deck
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

To be honest when I learned that I had work in this deck I was expecting it to be the Nexu or a Rancor. Not really sure why I had not considered the Ronto as an option. I was a little surprised but glad to see it saw the light of day a second time. Not sure how many people ever saw it in Suns of Fortune the first time around. If for some reason you are hunting down Creatures of the Galaxy Adversary Deck to complete your collection of my work, here is an image of the front of the packaging so that you can get the correct one.

Creatures of the Galaxy Adversary Deck - For all your creatures of the galaxy needs

Lastly, here is the original illustration for the Enraged Ronto. You can have a look at the entire beast and not be distracted by the stock background they added to it in the deck version.

Enraged Ronto
Suns of Fortune - Star Wars RPG supplement 
9 x 11 - Digital
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment