Monday, December 17, 2018

What the Heck is Going On? - Grand Bazaar Update

I wanted to update you all on what is going on with The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia. Since I have moved from working on the art to working on the writing it is a little bit hard to share live updates. Here is a image of some words... yeah, not really effective. What I can share is an image of my writing spreadsheet that I am using to keep track of everything that I have completed and what I have yet to begin. As I complete a section I mark it off in orange...

Writing spreadsheet as of 12/16/2018

There is a lot on there and I feel like I am making progress, though I could always be spending more time writing. In many ways the 'hard' sections are completed and moving forward there is a lot of fun stuff to write and I am really enjoying what it taking shape. But yes, lots still to do.

What I need to complete before layout can begin

What does this mean moving forward? Well, once I have completed the sections that are boxed off in the image above I can begin the layout of the book! Things can begin to take shape. Art and words can start appearing on pages, together. Basically, when the first three columns of writing are completed I will have enough material to start building the book as I continue to write, work on spot art, and revise and edit. In a perfect world those three columns could be completed in as early as sixteen days. I would LOVE that to happen. It is most likely going to take a little longer than that.

Things are happening. Things are taking shape. Things take time... and there is never enough of it.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment