Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Game of Thrones: Queen of Dragons (Part 2)

As promised on Monday, I have for you another dragon from A Game of Thrones: Queen of Dragons expansion. Today I bring you, Rhaegal, who has just taken flight and is lifting up into the air...

Rhaegal
(With real flying action, other accessories sold separately)
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Rhaegal is depicted in a more passive situation compared to the other two who are in the midst of attacking or just about to attack. For a while I didn't like Rhaegal as much because of that, but as I look at it more and more there is something about that quality that draws me in. I had a lot of fun with Rhaegal's long snaky body and it turns and twists off into the distance. Though I have not seen it, here is how the final card should look...

Rhaegal
(now on a piece of card stock for your convenience)
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

For some reason I do not like painting blue skies and I will always try to find a way around painting one... when possible. Not sure what it is, but I much prefer a yellow sky, I even will take a red, orange or any number of purple to gray skies over blue any day of the week. There is not one blue sky in any of these dragon piece, there is a red/gray, a yellow/creme and (on Friday) a Sunset with pinks and purples. Maybe I just like making it hard on myself keep up with the color effects of having a colored sky... or maybe I have unresolved issues with the color blue... or maybe, I just like skies of a different color.

That is all for today's dragon adventures, see you back here for the final AGoT Dragon! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment