Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Call of Cthulhu: Silver Twilight Lodge (part 2)

On Monday I shared the first of two cards I produced for the Call of Cthulhu: Silver Twilight Lodge expansion. Today, I have for you my second one, Unbound! (it has TENTACLES!). This was a great piece to work on, the art order allowed me to choose any Cthulhu mythos monster I wanted and depict it expectantly appearing in a ritual gone wrong. For reasons I can not yet share (save it being neat and having tentacles) I picked the Crawling One. So here is the Crawling One, UNBOUND...

Unbound!
(RAWR! Behold my glistening tentacles! THEY ARE MIGHTY!)
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Again, thanks to the internet I have an image of what the final card turned out. The big bad Crawling One gets to strut his stuff... I wonder if he is going to eat that 2...

Unbound!
(now on a piece of card stock for your convenience)
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Here is the drawing for Unbound!, unlike the Faceless Abductor there were not really any major changes to the overall piece as it went from drawing to painting. As I have mentioned previously I started with several loose thumbnails and then settled on this final composition after sharing them with the client. Originally I liked another composition much better, it had the Crawling One more in a profile, turning back to take notice of the fleeing cultists. Looking at them all agian now, I think the better decision was made...

Unbound!
(now on a piece of paper in pencil for your convenience)
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

This was a really fun one to work on and my favorite of the the two piece I contributed to this expansion. I did get to pose for photo reference for all the monsters and fleeing cultists, which is always fun. Running around in a cloak in the yard and imagining I have a torso of tentacles can really get you in the right frame of mind to work on a piece.

That is all for an exciting tentacled Wednesday, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment