Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Genasi Armor Designs #1

Today I bring you the first installment of the female Genasi Armor that I designed for the Dungeons and Dragons Character Visualizer. Unlike the Dragonborn and the Tiefling, there were only six variations of armor for the Genasi: chain, cloth, hide, leather, plate and scale. Also unlike the previous two races there are cloaked and none cloaked versions of some designs. All of these ended up much simpler then I was ever expecting them to be, but during the sketch phase more and more layers were stripped away leaving the simplified forms you see below. If you missed it, I have a previous post talking about the evolution of the sketches for the male cloth and plate designs. Compared to the complexity and Dragonborn and Tiefling armor this was definitely a change and required a certain amount of restraint not to go crazy and through back in a lot of detail. Enough talk, here is the armor...

© 2008 Wizards of the Coast LLC

© 2008 Wizards of the Coast LLC

© 2008 Wizards of the Coast LLC

© 2008 Wizards of the Coast LLC

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment