Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Genasi Armor Sketches

Coming up for a bit of air and I thought I would put something on the blog while I treed water. I am still plowing through paintings and waiting for projects to be released. I had thought something was going to be released this week (still crossing my fingers) but it looks like it will be next week for sure (hopefully). Until then here is some armor!

I designed a whole mess of armor for the Genasi race for the Dungeons and Dragons Character Visualizer last year. Unlike my previous armor posts where I shared the drawings last I thought I would switch it around especially since there are so many. By the end of it I believe I created around 100 variations for the Genasi armor before painting the final approved designs. Here are most of the sketches I did for the Male Cloth Attire and Male Plate Armor. You can see the evolution pretty well, each row consists of a wave of drawings I created and would then turned in for review before starting on the next set.

Genasi Male Cloth Attire variations.
© 2008 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Genasi Male Plate Armor variations.
© 2008 Wizards of the Coast LLC

I will start sharing the finals for these in the coming weeks. I hopefully will also be able to share some of the promised new work too. Cross those fingers! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment