Friday, January 19, 2024

Pathfinder Bestiary 3 - The Return of the Tojanida

In another blast from the past, today I have for you a monster that saw another life in a second printing that I was not really aware of until recent - sort of. Back in 2012 the folks over at Paizo released their Bestiary 3 and it included the return of one of my monsters. Looking back I apparently made a passing mention of this on the blog twleve years ago, but never actually shared all the images and details. I didn't even own a copy of the book until a few months ago. To start things off, here is the cover packaging for the Pathfinder Bestiary 3.

Pathfinder Bestiary 3

The monster that made its return this time is the mighty Tojanida. I designed and painted this monster for the Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Misfit Monsters Redeemed. This has always been a favorite of mine and it marked a turning point in my career as became much more serious about monsters. This one also was the perfect mix fo things for me: reptile, fish, texture, pattern, color, weird, and alien. Here is a look at my final painting of the Tojanida

Tojanida
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Misfit Monsters Redeemed
7x5.2 - Digital
© 2010 Paizo Publishing, LLC

Lastly, here is a look at how the Tojanida printed in this book. Always nice to see how they turn out and this time around it gets to look to its right.

Tojanida in handy dandy book form!

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment