Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Gen Con 2020 - Through the Looking Glass

This past weekend was Gen Con 2020, or Gen Con Online. As part of the involvement for vendors, artists, and authors, we were all part of Looking Glass. Looking Glass is a virtual exhibit floor that offers search features and a unique interactive interface.

The Looking Glass Galaxy.

As an exhibiting artist for Gen Con 2020, I was a part of the experience. There was a straightforward landing page we needed to populate that included an avatar or photo, samples of your work, searchable keywords, a bio, and projects worked on. There was also the option to link to live events or other related live activities you would be offering. With everything happening in the world and at home, I, unfortunately, could not do more than the bare minimum. Other artists I know hit the ground running and were able to generate sales and traffic, but I was not. It was wonderful that Gen Con did all this work and allowed us to still connect with the Gen Con community. At last count, there were in the neighborhood of twenty thousand attendees to Gen Con online. I know I am not alone in dealing with COVID fatigue, and I did as much as I could to get the most out of Looking Glass.

The Christopher Burdett solar system.

A huge thanks to everyone at Gen Con for making this happen and to everyone that still made Gen Con happen! Hopefully, this time next year, we will be returning home from Indianapolis and Gen Con 2021.

That's all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment