Friday, August 14, 2020

Choker Miniature

Today I have for you another miniature that has been based on my work. I illustrated the Choker for Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, and it was the first of the paintings that I did for the book. Fun fact, I always... always complete pieces in the order I receive them. Just something I have always done, and it is a way not to pick favorites, burn out too soon, or leave the 'hard' ones to last. Since assignments from WotC all have art order numbers associated with them, I just do the lowest number to the highest number. For Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, the Choker had the lowest number. But I digress... The Choker is one of those classic D&D monsters that most players are familiar with. I was asked to give it a new spin and add some classic horror monster vibes to it. Production was happy with what I did, and it looks like it led to a miniature. Here is my painting for the Choker.

Choker
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

The Chocker is not a big monster, so the miniature is quite tiny. Never the less it is faithful to my painting and the pose, even though for molding and structural integrity, the right foot needed to be set to the ground. Seeing my work in plastic never gets old, and I always eagerly away seeing the selection on miniatures for each new set released. While it is not the same as actively designing them, it is nice to still have a roll in their creation. Here is the miniature for the Choker.

Choker Miniature
 
That's all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here next week. Until then...
 
For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment