Friday, August 31, 2012

Pocket Monster: Charmander

Pokémon was just hitting and getting huge when I was in college and I found it all really interesting… after all it was a game centered around collecting monsters and using them in combat. I never got into the game, but in those early days I was definitely a fan. I have seen a lot of Pokémon redesigns and inspired art over the years and have always wished I had a chance to give it a try. The art style is a little cuter then my work tends to be but I always say the potential to flesh out the Pokémon into more complex creatures. For no reason I can explain and even though I in the middle of two other drawings and two paintings I found myself redesigning a Pokémon this week. This is how it turned out… 

 Charmander redesign
© 2012 Christopher Burdett

 If you follow my Facebook Fan Page or Tumblr you may have seen this critter take shape over the week. I had to steal time over meals and during breaks to get it finished and not take time away from my work that is on deadline. For some reason I kept finding myself thinking about working on this drawing. It was super fun to work on and it came together really quickly. I think I will have to find some more time to at least work on next two evolutionary steps of Charmander. Hopefully they will turn out to be as fun!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here for more drawings and new work! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment