Friday, June 3, 2011

The Project That Never Was (Part 1)

Way back in 2008 I worked on a really exciting project that promised a really cool finished product. Sadly, as is from time to time, things don't always make it all the way through production and this was one of those situations. Along with the project getting shelves, all my work went along with it... until NOW. The powers that be have allowed me general usages rights to show off my work, BUT I can not talk about the project or any details related to. This does allow me to finally post all the drawings and turnarounds though, and that makes me pretty happy! If you missed any of this series of posts, you can see them here: PART 1, PART 2, PART 3, PART 4, PART 5, PART 6, and PART 7.

Please keep in mind any names I use in referring to my work are of my own creation for clarity in discussion and do not relate in any way to the project.

Starting things off I have for you two turnarounds of a 'Wolf Demon'. This was one of the first pieces I worked on for the this project and it was a really fun critter. It really helped get the look and feel established that carried through out. Some of these creatures were based on the work of a concept artist, while others I got to create from the ground up. I got to give them all my own personal spin and feel, which was really nice. Enough talking, bring on the monsters...

'Wolf Demon' Turnaround
© 2008 Wizards of the Coast

'SUPER Wolf Demon' Turnaround
© 2008 Wizards of the Coast

Looking back at these it make me wonder again about what could have been... oh well. No use in looking backwards on this, plenty still ahead! These are just the tip of the iceberg, there are many more monsters to come from this project. So expect to see more of them in the coming weeks, they have waited in hiding long enough.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week for more monster action and the great trek to the Illustration Master Class! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment