Monday, March 4, 2024

The Book of Many Things - Dungeons & Dragons

I feel like I am WAY behind on sharing these, but that is due to the book being delayed due to a printing issue. But now, after a bit of a wait, I have my comp copies, and I can now share my contribution to the recent Dungeons & Dragons release of The Book of Many Things (Which comes with the Deck of Many Things set). Here is said book that, in fact, contains many things!

The Book of Many Things!

You will find two of my illustrations in The Book of Many Things, one being a monster and the other being a man with some issues. The long and the short of it is that I made three pieces for this book, but due to travel, I was unable to see to some very late revision notes, and that third piece was replaced by another artist. At a later date, I hope to share that piece with you all, but that is for another day.

First up, we clearly have my favorite piece for the book, and likely for some time. It is Wanewort the Night Hag, and she has a pair of kitties. Not just any kitties, but she is holding my Mietze, and my wife's little Zemo is sniffing around Wanewort's dress. She was described as having two cats, and I asked if one of them could be changed in the final piece to be a little bitey orange kitty. Production gave their blessing, and so Mietze and Zemo are now in a D&D book! The second piece for the book is Boss Augustus, and he is struggling with an internal conflict. The weird thing about this one is that, while the entire thing was based on me, the drawing looks like someone I know, and the painting looks like another person I know. I'm not sure how this happened, but here we are all the same. Here are the final paintings for Wanewort and Boss Augustus.

Wanewort
The Book of Many Things
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Bree Heiss
© 2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Boss Augustus
The Book of Many Things
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Bree Heiss
© 2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC

As with all my D&D pieces, even though the final is digital, there are original drawings available. These are no exception, and I was pleased with how the drawings turned out. Here are the drawings for Wanewort and Boss Augustus. A word of advice: if there are any D&D pieces of mine that are coming out that you want the drawings for, you need to reach out to me as soon as possible.

Wanewort
The Book of Many Things
11 x 14 -Colored pencil on paper
Original - NFS (I am keeping this one!)
Art Director - Bree Heiss
© 2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC
 
Boss Augustus
The Book of Many Things
11 x 14 -Colored pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
Art Director - Bree Heiss
© 2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Lastly, I have some photos of how the work looks in the book. I think they printed great, and now Mietze and Zemo are forever a part of D&D!

Wanewort and Boss Augustus in handy dandy book form!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then... 

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment