Friday, March 1, 2024

NEW Hydroloth Miniature

I am always surprised with a Dungeons & Dragons monsters recieves a new miniature when one was released for it reletively recently. Mind you, I am not complaining. I love seeing minis based on my work, I am just surpeised. For clarity, when I say new, I mean October of 2023 - I am still a little behind on things and having to Shade and Glaze everything does slow me down. This time around the Hydroloth that I redesigned and illustrated for Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes has recieveda new prepainted 3D miniature. The first Hydroloth mini based on my work was released in 2022. To start things off, here is my painting of the Hydroloth.

Hydroloth
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

While the first mini had a unique pose, this new version is based directly on my painintg with the crouch and out stretched clawed hand. I think it looks great and is a more faithful interupitation of my work in plastic. Both are great, but I am definitely in love with this new version. Here is a look at the new mini.

The NEW Hydroloth miniature for all your new Hydroloth miniature needs.

Lastly, here again is the original Hydroloth miniature from two years ago so that you can compare the two minis and the illustration. I will have some more new minis for you in the coming weeks.

The original Hydroloth miniature from 2022.

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then... 

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment