Monday, October 2, 2023

Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants - Fomorian Deep Crawler - Dungeons & Dragons

While I have shared work that I created for Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants recently, I have one additional piece to share. Without going into too much detail, the plagiarism algorithm was used on several pieces originally submitted for this book. When that became known as the book was being released, WotC took steps to correct this. To that end, artists were brought in to replace the work that had to be removed. These updated pieces will appear in all reprints of the book and will appear in all digital versions.  This was a rush job, to say the least, and I had only a few days to turn this piece around. I will go into more detail later, but for now, here is my version of the Fomorian Deep Crawler for Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants.

Fomorian Deep Crawler
Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Emi Tamji
© 2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC

I will mention now that I never saw the version that I replaced. While I did look at the book at Gen Con, it was only to see how my three pieces printed and to get a photo of them in the book. I had planned to take in the rest of the book once my contributor copies arrived (which has still not happened). I am not sure if I will seek out the original version or not. 

As with all my D&D pieces, even though the final is digital, there are original drawings available. These are no exception, and I was pleased with how the drawings from this book turned out. Here is the drawing for the Fomorian Deep Crawler.

Fomorian Deep Crawler
Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants
11 x 14 -Colored pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
Art Director - Emi Tamji
© 2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC
 
Funny side note: of the four pieces I ultimately created for this book, this drawing is my favorite. Not sure why. I had the least amount of time to work on this one, but somehow, I feel like I spent more time on it and achieved a better end result. I will also mention that these images have been Glazed, so any minor artifacts you might detect are simply there for my artistic protection.

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment