Monday, October 9, 2023

The Killer’s Hand, Drunkard’s Light, and Innocence’s Touch - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am thrilled to share more new pieces from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia. These illustrations are for Book Two: The Completed Circle. Everything in the world of the Grand Bazaar has a story, even the plants and fungi. These three, in particular, are not native to the planet and so have found unique niches in the ecosystem of the Grand Bazaar. While I had created the second image first, it didn't get the job done, in my opinion. I took a second crack at it, and this time, I used color (yes, there is color work created in the world, just not by Ethra). Both images will appear in the book in different locations for different reasons. I present you with two versions of a collection of pants and fungi with stories: The Killer’s Hand, Drunkard’s Light, and Innocence’s Touch.

The Killer’s Hand, Drunkard’s Light, and Innocence’s Touch
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - The Completed Circle
8 x 10 - Gouache,
acrylic paint, and pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2023 Christopher Burdett

The Killer’s Hand, Drunkard’s Light, and Innocence’s Touch
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - The Completed Circle
7 x 5 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Original - Available on my store
© 2023 Christopher Burdett

This is the official first color piece for the book series, but it will not be the only one in the second book. I will speak more about that on another day. Here are the sketches and linework for these two plant pieces. This was a lot of fun, a nice change up regarding the work, and a nice proof of concept with how I want to handle the color work in my world for the time being.

The Killer’s Hand, Drunkard’s Light, and Innocence’s Touch - Sketch 
 Digital 
 © 2023 Christopher Burdett  
 
The Killer’s Hand, Drunkard’s Light, and Innocence’s Touch - Drawing 
7 x 5 - Pencil on paper
© 2023 Christopher Burdett
 
The Killer’s Hand, Drunkard’s Light, and Innocence’s Touch - Sketch 
 Digital 
 © 2023 Christopher Burdett 

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment